WHAT IS PROJECTNOIR?
A quest & exploration driven adventure game where you choose dialogue options, solve mysteries and help, hinder or ignore other characters.
ProjectNoir breaches walls between traditional adventure and action games and adds meaningful dialogue and choices to usually static linear narratives.
HOW DO YOU PLAY PROJECTNOIR?
- Create your own customisable character
- Explore large environments, aqcuire items and weapons
- Meet interesting (and boring) characters, help them, harm them or ignore them
- Solve cases or archive them as unsolved and watch your notoriety in the Mechanists rise and fall
CURRENT BUILD FEATURES
- Sidescrolling (with jumping!) and Top Down perspectives
- Rain particle system
- Narration and dialogue parsing (created in ChatMapper)
- Narration displayed as your character moves along
- Areas all fully created with Tiled (TMX) maps
- Toggle-able and self describable smart objects (e.g. “This is a desk.”)
ProjectNoir is powered by
Uses MattRix’s Futile, a 2D framework.